This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: When HIV progresses to AIDS, there is a gradual destruction of the immune system, measured by: 1. ... (Read 17 times)

jhjkgdfhk

When HIV progresses to AIDS, there is a gradual destruction of the immune system, measured by:

1. decline in CD4 receptors.
  2. decline in CD4 lymphocytes.
  3. decline in platelet count.
  4. decline in red blood cells.

Question 2

The nurse determines that instruction of a client taking ganciclovir (Cytovene) is effective when the client states:

1. I can take this medication on an empty stomach.
  2. This medication is OK to take during pregnancy.
  3. I should avoid becoming pregnant while on this medication.
  4. I can stop taking the medication when my symptoms are gone.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

robbielu01

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 2
Rationale 1: The progression to AIDS is measured by a decline in CD4 lymphocytes, not in the amount of CD4 receptors.
Rationale 2: The progression to AIDS is measured by a decline in CD4 lymphocytes.
Rationale 3: The progression to AIDS is measured by a decline in CD4 lymphocytes, not in the platelet count.
Rationale 4: The progression to AIDS is measured by a decline in CD4 lymphocytes, not in red blood cells.
Global Rationale: Progression to AIDS is characterized by gradual destruction of the immune system, as measured by the steady decline in the number of CD4 lymphocytes. Progression is not measured by the amount of CD4 receptors, platelet count or red blood cell count.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 3
Rationale 1: Ganciclovir should be taken with food.
Rationale 2: Ganciclovir is in pregnancy category C and should be avoided during pregnancy.
Rationale 3: This response is correct. Ganciclovir is in pregnancy category C and should be avoided during pregnancy.
Rationale 4: Clients should talk with their doctor before stopping the medication, as it may need to be taken even after symptoms subside.
Global Rationale: An adverse effect of ganciclovir is bone marrow suppression, which can manifest as anemia, neutropenia, thrombocytopenia, or pancytopenia. As a result, clients should inform their health care provider of signs of illness to prevent further decrease in lab levels. Ganciclovir should be taken with food. Ganciclovir is in pregnancy category C and should be avoided during pregnancy. Clients should talk with their doctor before stopping the medication, as it may need to be taken even after symptoms subside.

jhjkgdfhk

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
:D TYSM

pratush dev

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The most common treatment options for addiction include psychotherapy, support groups, and individual counseling.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

A strange skin disease referred to as Morgellons has occurred in the southern United States and in California. Symptoms include slowly healing sores, joint pain, persistent fatigue, and a sensation of things crawling through the skin. Another symptom is strange-looking, threadlike extrusions coming out of the skin.

Did you know?

About one in five American adults and teenagers have had a genital herpes infection—and most of them don't know it. People with genital herpes have at least twice the risk of becoming infected with HIV if exposed to it than those people who do not have genital herpes.

Did you know?

Most fungi that pathogenically affect humans live in soil. If a person is not healthy, has an open wound, or is immunocompromised, a fungal infection can be very aggressive.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library