This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: An obese patient states, My goal is to reduce my weight from 280 pounds to 230 pounds in the first 6 ... (Read 39 times)

vicotolentino

An obese patient states, My goal is to reduce my weight from 280 pounds to 230 pounds in the first 6 months. The nurse should respond with which statement?

a. That is a realistic goal for your weight-reduction program.
  b. Because most weight loss occurs in the first 6 months, you should aim for 200 pounds.
  c. Weight loss of more than 20 pounds in 6 months could be dangerous.
  d. Safe and maintainable weight loss should be about 10 of your body weight in 6 months.

Question 2

A patient has a BMI of 28 . Which term accurately applies to this patient?

a. Normal weight
  b. Underweight
  c. Overweight
  d. Obese

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bd5255

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

c

vicotolentino

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Gracias!

ghepp

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

Did you know?

The most destructive flu epidemic of all times in recorded history occurred in 1918, with approximately 20 million deaths worldwide.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library