This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse recognizes that what system is being used when seeing a medication ordered in minims? ... (Read 15 times)

swpotter12

The nurse recognizes that what system is being used when seeing a medication ordered in minims?

A) Apothecary
  B) Metric
  C) Household
  D) Avoirdupois

Question 2

A patient has been prescribed an antihistamine for treatment of allergic rhinitis. What statements by the patient indicate an understanding of this medication? (Select all that apply.)

A) This medication will work best if I take it before I eat anything.
  B) I need to drink less fluid while I take this medication to help reduce the amount of mucus I have.
  C) I will use sugarless candies to help with the feelings of a dry mouth.
  D) I will use a humidifier in the bedroom while I sleep.
  E) This medication will probably cause my appetite to increase.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

lorealeza77

Answer to Question 1

A
The apothecary system used minims as the basic measure of liquid and is rarely used today. The metric system uses liters as the basic unit of measurement for fluid, while the household system uses ounces and the avoirdupois system uses ounces with a different conversion amount.

Answer to Question 2

A, C, D
Antihistamines should be taken on an empty stomach and the patient should force fluids, not drink less fluids. The patient may use sugarless candy to help with dry mouth and should increase room humidity. The patient may experience nausea or anorexia but not increased hunger. Options B and E are not correct.

swpotter12

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

xiazhe

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

Cyanide works by making the human body unable to use oxygen.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

The first-known contraceptive was crocodile dung, used in Egypt in 2000 BC. Condoms were also reportedly used, made of animal bladders or intestines.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library