This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient has been taking an ACE inhibitor and a beta-blocker for the treatment of hypertension but ... (Read 33 times)

ashley

A patient has been taking an ACE inhibitor and a beta-blocker for the treatment of hypertension but has been consistently obtaining blood pressure readings in the vicinity of 145/90 mm Hg.

As a result, the patient's primary care provider has prescribed furosemide (Lasix). What order would be most consistent with this patient's health needs? A) Lasix 125 mg PO OD
  B) Lasix 40 mg IV TID
  C) Lasix 20 mg IV OD
  D) Lasix 40 mg PO BID

Question 2

A patient has a tumor of the spinal cord and is administered a corticosteroid. What statement by the patient demonstrates an accurate understanding of this treatment?

A) This drug will cause my tumor to be more susceptible to treatment.
  B) This drug will decrease my chance of infection and meningitis.
  C) This drug won't cure my cancer, but it may help me feel much better.
  D) This drug will stop my cancer cells from growing further.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

vickybb89

Answer to Question 1

D
For hypertension, Lasix is commonly given as 40 mg PO twice daily and gradually increased if necessary.

Answer to Question 2

C
Patients tend to feel better when taking corticosteroids, although the basic disease process may be unchanged. The corticosteroid will not allow the tumor to be more susceptible to treatment. The corticosteroid will not prevent meningitis.

ashley

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

nathang24

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Your skin wrinkles if you stay in the bathtub a long time because the outermost layer of skin (which consists of dead keratin) swells when it absorbs water. It is tightly attached to the skin below it, so it compensates for the increased area by wrinkling. This happens to the hands and feet because they have the thickest layer of dead keratin cells.

Did you know?

Though methadone is often used to treat dependency on other opioids, the drug itself can be abused. Crushing or snorting methadone can achieve the opiate "rush" desired by addicts. Improper use such as these can lead to a dangerous dependency on methadone. This drug now accounts for nearly one-third of opioid-related deaths.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

As of mid-2016, 18.2 million people were receiving advanced retroviral therapy (ART) worldwide. This represents between 43–50% of the 34–39.8 million people living with HIV.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library