This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse instructs the client that which foods contain high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids? (Select ... (Read 34 times)

tfester

The nurse instructs the client that which foods contain high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids? (Select all that apply.) Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected.

1. Green beans
  2. Bananas
  3. Tofu
  4. Salmon
  5. Red meat

Question 2

Which client statement demonstrates understanding of the link between cardiovascular disease and high cholesterol?

1. There is no link between cardiovascular disease and cholesterol levels.
  2. My diet does not need to be changed to help control my cardiovascular risk.
  3. The only people at risk for high cholesterol are those with a family history.
  4. The greater the amount of cholesterol circulating in the blood, the greater the risk of cardiovascular disease.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amanda_14

Answer to Question 1

Correct Answer: 3, 4

Rationale 1: Green beans is incorrect because they do not contain high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Rationale 2: Bananas is incorrect because they do not contain high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Rationale 3: Tofu contains high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Rationale 4: Salmon contains high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Rationale 5: Red meat is incorrect because it does not contain high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids.

Global Rationale: Tofu and salmon contain high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids. Green beans, bananas, and red meat are incorrect because they do not contain high amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids.

Answer to Question 2

Correct Answer: 4

Rationale 1: There is no link between cardiovascular disease and cholesterol levels is incorrect because the higher the level of cholesterol in the body, the higher the cardiovascular risk.
Rationale 2: My diet does not need to be changed to help control my cardiovascular risk is incorrect because a diet high in fat can increase the cholesterol level and cardiovascular risk.
Rationale 3: The only people at risk for high cholesterol are those with a family history is incorrect because many people have high cholesterol without a family history.
Rationale 4: The greater the amount of cholesterol circulating in the blood, the greater the risk of cardiovascular disease.

Global Rationale: The greater the amount of cholesterol circulating in the blood, the greater the risk of cardiovascular disease. There is no link between cardiovascular disease and cholesterol levels is incorrect because the higher the level of cholesterol in the body the higher the cardiovascular risk. My diet does not need to be changed to help control my cardiovascular risk is incorrect because a diet high in fat can increase the cholesterol level and cardiovascular risk. The only people at risk for high cholesterol are those with a family history is incorrect because many people have high cholesterol without a family history.

tfester

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
:D TYSM

fatboyy09

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

Did you know?

Long-term mental and physical effects from substance abuse include: paranoia, psychosis, immune deficiencies, and organ damage.

Did you know?

Immunoglobulin injections may give short-term protection against, or reduce severity of certain diseases. They help people who have an inherited problem making their own antibodies, or those who are having certain types of cancer treatments.

Did you know?

If all the neurons in the human body were lined up, they would stretch more than 600 miles.

Did you know?

Increased intake of vitamin D has been shown to reduce fractures up to 25% in older people.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library