This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing client education about anticoagulant therapy prior to the client's discharge. ... (Read 55 times)

Arii_bell

The nurse is providing client education about anticoagulant therapy prior to the client's discharge. Which of the following statements by the client indicates a need for further teaching?

a. I will still be able to use my grandfather's straightedge razor if I'm careful.
  b. I will have to be careful not to bump into things while I am working.
  c. I will use a soft bristle toothbrush from now on.
  d. I shouldn't use a power saw to cut wood for heating anymore.

Question 2

The nurse wants to avoid administering a subcutaneous dose of heparin intramuscularly. Which of the following actions by the nurse will most effectively reduce the chances of IM administration?

a. The nurse should use only a 1-inch needle.
  b. The nurse should administer the injection in the upper arm.
  c. The nurse should administer the drug in the abdomen.
  d. The nurse should administer the injection in the upper thigh.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joneynes

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Feedback
A Correct: Clients on anticoagulant therapy should use electric razors.
B Incorrect: This demonstrates client understanding.
C Incorrect: This demonstrates client understanding.
D Incorrect: This demonstrates client understanding.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

Feedback
A Incorrect: The nurse should use a 5/8 inch needle.
B Incorrect: This is an area of muscle.
C Correct: This site has plenty of subcutaneous tissue and little muscle.
D Incorrect: This is an area of muscle.

Arii_bell

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Liddy

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Pink eye is a term that refers to conjunctivitis, which is inflammation of the thin, clear membrane (conjunctiva) over the white part of the eye (sclera). It may be triggered by a virus, bacteria, or foreign body in the eye. Antibiotic eye drops alleviate bacterial conjunctivitis, and antihistamine allergy pills or eye drops help control allergic conjunctivitis symptoms.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

Did you know?

About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins, which is an increase in rate of nearly 60% since the early 1980s.

Did you know?

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus or MRSA was discovered in 1961 in the United Kingdom. It if often referred to as a superbug. MRSA infections cause more deaths in the United States every year than AIDS.

Methicilli ...
Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library