This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is providing client education about anticoagulant therapy prior to the client's discharge. ... (Read 56 times)

Arii_bell

The nurse is providing client education about anticoagulant therapy prior to the client's discharge. Which of the following statements by the client indicates a need for further teaching?

a. I will still be able to use my grandfather's straightedge razor if I'm careful.
  b. I will have to be careful not to bump into things while I am working.
  c. I will use a soft bristle toothbrush from now on.
  d. I shouldn't use a power saw to cut wood for heating anymore.

Question 2

The nurse wants to avoid administering a subcutaneous dose of heparin intramuscularly. Which of the following actions by the nurse will most effectively reduce the chances of IM administration?

a. The nurse should use only a 1-inch needle.
  b. The nurse should administer the injection in the upper arm.
  c. The nurse should administer the drug in the abdomen.
  d. The nurse should administer the injection in the upper thigh.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joneynes

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Feedback
A Correct: Clients on anticoagulant therapy should use electric razors.
B Incorrect: This demonstrates client understanding.
C Incorrect: This demonstrates client understanding.
D Incorrect: This demonstrates client understanding.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

Feedback
A Incorrect: The nurse should use a 5/8 inch needle.
B Incorrect: This is an area of muscle.
C Correct: This site has plenty of subcutaneous tissue and little muscle.
D Incorrect: This is an area of muscle.

Arii_bell

Reply 2 on: Jul 24, 2018
Gracias!

dreamfighter72

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

Malaria mortality rates are falling. Increased malaria prevention and control measures have greatly improved these rates. Since 2000, malaria mortality rates have fallen globally by 60% among all age groups, and by 65% among children under age 5.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library