This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The star named Circini has the spectral type and luminosity class of O 8.5 V. Based on this ... (Read 53 times)

plus1

The star named Circini has the spectral type and luminosity class of O 8.5 V. Based on this information, which of the following are true? I. Circini has a surface temperature less than the Sun. II. Circini has a diameter that is greater than that of the Sun. III. Circini is more luminous than the Sun. IV. Circini is located near the upper left-hand corner in the H-R diagram.

a. I & II
  b. II & IV
  c. II, III, & IV
  d. I, II, & III
  e. I, II, III, & IV

Question 2

___________ is absorbed by ozone in Earth's atmosphere that is located between 20 km and 40 km above Earth's surface. Therefore, telescopes to observe this radiation must be placed in space.

a. Infrared radiation
  b. Ultraviolet radiation
  c. Radio wave radiation
  d. X-ray radiation
  e. Visible light

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

c

Answer to Question 2

b

plus1

Reply 2 on: Jul 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

cam1229

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

Pubic lice (crabs) are usually spread through sexual contact. You cannot catch them by using a public toilet.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

IgA antibodies protect body surfaces exposed to outside foreign substances. IgG antibodies are found in all body fluids. IgM antibodies are the first type of antibody made in response to an infection. IgE antibody levels are often high in people with allergies. IgD antibodies are found in tissues lining the abdomen and chest.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library