This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The star named Sheat is of M2 II spectral type and luminosity class. Based on this information, ... (Read 58 times)

go.lag

The star named Sheat is of M2 II spectral type and luminosity class. Based on this information, which of the following are true? I. Sheat has a surface temperature less than the Sun. II. Sheat has a diameter that is greater than that of the Sun. III. Sheat is more luminous than the Sun. IV. Sheat is located near the upper left-hand corner in the H-R diagram.

a. I & II
  b. II & IV
  c. II, III, & IV
  d. I, II, & III
  e. I, II, III, & IV

Question 2

_________ is absorbed by water in Earth's atmosphere and requires that telescopes for observing at these wavelengths be placed on mountain tops or in space.

a. Infrared radiation
  b. Ultraviolet radiation
  c. Radio wave radiation
  d. X-ray radiation
  e. Visible light

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

1_Step_At_ATime

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

a

Did you know?

Most strokes are caused when blood clots move to a blood vessel in the brain and block blood flow to that area. Thrombolytic therapy can be used to dissolve the clot quickly. If given within 3 hours of the first stroke symptoms, this therapy can help limit stroke damage and disability.

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library