This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The star named Sheat is of M2 II spectral type and luminosity class. Based on this information, ... (Read 60 times)

go.lag

The star named Sheat is of M2 II spectral type and luminosity class. Based on this information, which of the following are true? I. Sheat has a surface temperature less than the Sun. II. Sheat has a diameter that is greater than that of the Sun. III. Sheat is more luminous than the Sun. IV. Sheat is located near the upper left-hand corner in the H-R diagram.

a. I & II
  b. II & IV
  c. II, III, & IV
  d. I, II, & III
  e. I, II, III, & IV

Question 2

_________ is absorbed by water in Earth's atmosphere and requires that telescopes for observing at these wavelengths be placed on mountain tops or in space.

a. Infrared radiation
  b. Ultraviolet radiation
  c. Radio wave radiation
  d. X-ray radiation
  e. Visible light

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

1_Step_At_ATime

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

a

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

There are approximately 3 million unintended pregnancies in the United States each year.

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library