This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The star named Sheat is of M2 II spectral type and luminosity class. Based on this information, ... (Read 61 times)

go.lag

The star named Sheat is of M2 II spectral type and luminosity class. Based on this information, which of the following are true? I. Sheat has a surface temperature less than the Sun. II. Sheat has a diameter that is greater than that of the Sun. III. Sheat is more luminous than the Sun. IV. Sheat is located near the upper left-hand corner in the H-R diagram.

a. I & II
  b. II & IV
  c. II, III, & IV
  d. I, II, & III
  e. I, II, III, & IV

Question 2

_________ is absorbed by water in Earth's atmosphere and requires that telescopes for observing at these wavelengths be placed on mountain tops or in space.

a. Infrared radiation
  b. Ultraviolet radiation
  c. Radio wave radiation
  d. X-ray radiation
  e. Visible light

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

1_Step_At_ATime

Answer to Question 1

d

Answer to Question 2

a

Did you know?

Allergies play a major part in the health of children. The most prevalent childhood allergies are milk, egg, soy, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts, and seafood.

Did you know?

All patients with hyperparathyroidism will develop osteoporosis. The parathyroid glands maintain blood calcium within the normal range. All patients with this disease will continue to lose calcium from their bones every day, and there is no way to prevent the development of osteoporosis as a result.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

The first successful kidney transplant was performed in 1954 and occurred in Boston. A kidney from an identical twin was transplanted into his dying brother's body and was not rejected because it did not appear foreign to his body.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library