This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The star named Circini has the spectral type and luminosity class of O 8.5 V. Based on this ... (Read 65 times)

plus1

The star named Circini has the spectral type and luminosity class of O 8.5 V. Based on this information, which of the following are true? I. Circini has a surface temperature less than the Sun. II. Circini has a diameter that is greater than that of the Sun. III. Circini is more luminous than the Sun. IV. Circini is located near the upper left-hand corner in the H-R diagram.

a. I & II
  b. II & IV
  c. II, III, & IV
  d. I, II, & III
  e. I, II, III, & IV

Question 2

___________ is absorbed by ozone in Earth's atmosphere that is located between 20 km and 40 km above Earth's surface. Therefore, telescopes to observe this radiation must be placed in space.

a. Infrared radiation
  b. Ultraviolet radiation
  c. Radio wave radiation
  d. X-ray radiation
  e. Visible light

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Alyson.hiatt@yahoo.com

Answer to Question 1

c

Answer to Question 2

b

plus1

Reply 2 on: Jul 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

mcarey591

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

Since 1988, the CDC has reported a 99% reduction in bacterial meningitis caused by Haemophilus influenzae, due to the introduction of the vaccine against it.

Did you know?

When blood is exposed to air, it clots. Heparin allows the blood to come in direct contact with air without clotting.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library