This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Clients come to therapy feeling that they are: A) stuck. B) relaxed. C) functioning well. ... (Read 22 times)

lindiwe

Clients come to therapy feeling that they are:

A) stuck.
  B) relaxed.
  C) functioning well.
  D) focusing on their strengths.

Question 2

Male Client (talking about a job conflict): I just don't know what to do about my new boss. He is always blaming me even when I do a good job. He's new on the job; maybe he doesn't have much experience as a supervisor. But he's got me so jumpy and nervous I can't sleep at night. My family isn't doing well, and I've been arguing with my wife. She doesn't understand what's going on. And the kids aren't doing well in school.  Which of the following actions is NOT useful or appropriate when beginning to counsel this client?

A) Reflect feelings.
  B) Ask an open question.
  C) Attempt to use a perfect empathic response.
  D) Summarize the client statement and ask where the client would like to start.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

HandsomeMarc

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

C

lindiwe

Reply 2 on: Jul 31, 2018
Wow, this really help

sailorcrescent

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

There are 60,000 miles of blood vessels in every adult human.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

Did you know?

Approximately 70% of expectant mothers report experiencing some symptoms of morning sickness during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Did you know?

As many as 20% of Americans have been infected by the fungus known as Histoplasmosis. While most people are asymptomatic or only have slight symptoms, infection can progress to a rapid and potentially fatal superinfection.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library