This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Clients come to therapy feeling that they are: A) stuck. B) relaxed. C) functioning well. ... (Read 23 times)

lindiwe

Clients come to therapy feeling that they are:

A) stuck.
  B) relaxed.
  C) functioning well.
  D) focusing on their strengths.

Question 2

Male Client (talking about a job conflict): I just don't know what to do about my new boss. He is always blaming me even when I do a good job. He's new on the job; maybe he doesn't have much experience as a supervisor. But he's got me so jumpy and nervous I can't sleep at night. My family isn't doing well, and I've been arguing with my wife. She doesn't understand what's going on. And the kids aren't doing well in school.  Which of the following actions is NOT useful or appropriate when beginning to counsel this client?

A) Reflect feelings.
  B) Ask an open question.
  C) Attempt to use a perfect empathic response.
  D) Summarize the client statement and ask where the client would like to start.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

HandsomeMarc

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

C

lindiwe

Reply 2 on: Jul 31, 2018
:D TYSM

gcook

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

The FDA recognizes 118 routes of administration.

Did you know?

Symptoms of kidney problems include a loss of appetite, back pain (which may be sudden and intense), chills, abdominal pain, fluid retention, nausea, the urge to urinate, vomiting, and fever.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

Earwax has antimicrobial properties that reduce the viability of bacteria and fungus in the human ear.

Did you know?

In 1886, William Bates reported on the discovery of a substance produced by the adrenal gland that turned out to be epinephrine (adrenaline). In 1904, this drug was first artificially synthesized by Friedrich Stolz.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library