This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Officer Notts is testifying in court. The defense attorney asks, Why are you here today? What is ... (Read 41 times)

bobbie

Officer Notts is testifying in court. The defense attorney asks, Why are you here today?
  What is the proper response?

A) To advocate for the victim and to work with the prosecution to obtain a conviction.
  B) I'm here to tell it like it is. To tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Why are you here?
  C) It's my job.
  D) I was served a subpoena and was called to testify.

Question 2

Officer Bessette is being cross-examined by Mr. Williams' defense counsel. Mr. Williams is on trial for possession of a controlled substance and obstructing an officer. The officer was asked by the defense counsel, Why don't you like Mr. Williams?
  What is the proper response?

A) I don't like the defendant because he committed a crime.
  B) Who said I didn't like the defendant?
  C) I never said that I didn't like the defendant. You said that.
  D) I feel sorry for any man in trouble, but I have to tell the truth, and if the defendant is guilty, he should be convicted.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

harveenkau8139

Answer to Question 1

Answer: D

Answer to Question 2

Answer: D

bobbie

Both answers were spot on, thank you once again

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

Did you know?

By definition, when a medication is administered intravenously, its bioavailability is 100%.

Did you know?

Aspirin may benefit 11 different cancers, including those of the colon, pancreas, lungs, prostate, breasts, and leukemia.

Did you know?

As many as 28% of hospitalized patients requiring mechanical ventilators to help them breathe (for more than 48 hours) will develop ventilator-associated pneumonia. Current therapy involves intravenous antibiotics, but new antibiotics that can be inhaled (and more directly treat the infection) are being developed.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library