This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Officer Notts is testifying in court. The defense attorney asks, Why are you here today? What is ... (Read 47 times)

bobbie

Officer Notts is testifying in court. The defense attorney asks, Why are you here today?
  What is the proper response?

A) To advocate for the victim and to work with the prosecution to obtain a conviction.
  B) I'm here to tell it like it is. To tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Why are you here?
  C) It's my job.
  D) I was served a subpoena and was called to testify.

Question 2

Officer Bessette is being cross-examined by Mr. Williams' defense counsel. Mr. Williams is on trial for possession of a controlled substance and obstructing an officer. The officer was asked by the defense counsel, Why don't you like Mr. Williams?
  What is the proper response?

A) I don't like the defendant because he committed a crime.
  B) Who said I didn't like the defendant?
  C) I never said that I didn't like the defendant. You said that.
  D) I feel sorry for any man in trouble, but I have to tell the truth, and if the defendant is guilty, he should be convicted.