This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: What are the goals for medical nutrition therapy for diabetes? ... (Read 16 times)

jon_i

What are the goals for medical nutrition therapy for diabetes?

Question 2

Describe the conditions that occur when blood calcium is above normal and below normal levels.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jamesnevil303

Answer to Question 1

The goals are (1 ) control blood glucose levels, (2 ) provide optimal nourishment for the client, and (3 ) prevent symptoms and thus delay the complications of the disease.

Answer to Question 2

Elevated blood calcium levels may result in calcium rigor, which contracts the muscles and prevents them from relaxing. Decreased blood levels cause calcium tetany, which is an uncontrolled muscle contraction.

jon_i

Reply 2 on: Aug 19, 2018
Excellent

recede

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Of the estimated 2 million heroin users in the United States, 600,000–800,000 are considered hardcore addicts. Heroin addiction is considered to be one of the hardest addictions to recover from.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

Hyperthyroidism leads to an increased rate of metabolism and affects about 1% of women but only 0.1% of men. For most people, this increased metabolic rate causes the thyroid gland to become enlarged (known as a goiter).

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library