Author Question: Quadratics stretching and vertex form help? (Read 1527 times)

federox

Hi, so the questions tells me to...
Evaluate the following function at 3,-3,0, and z
D(r)= -(r-2)^2+8
I got the correct answers for the first three numbers but got "z" incorrect. Can someone please show me how to get the correct answer?

This is what I did...
D(z)= -(z-2)^2+8
= -z^2+4+8
= -z^2+12

curlz

-(r-2)^2+8=
-[r^2-4r+4]+8=
-r^2+4r+4

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

In 1864, the first barbiturate (barbituric acid) was synthesized.

Did you know?

Eating food that has been cooked with poppy seeds may cause you to fail a drug screening test, because the seeds contain enough opiate alkaloids to register as a positive.

Did you know?

Over time, chronic hepatitis B virus and hepatitis C virus infections can progress to advanced liver disease, liver failure, and hepatocellular carcinoma. Unlike other forms, more than 80% of hepatitis C infections become chronic and lead to liver disease. When combined with hepatitis B, hepatitis C now accounts for 75% percent of all cases of liver disease around the world. Liver failure caused by hepatitis C is now leading cause of liver transplants in the United States.

Did you know?

There are major differences in the metabolism of morphine and the illegal drug heroin. Morphine mostly produces its CNS effects through m-receptors, and at k- and d-receptors. Heroin has a slight affinity for opiate receptors. Most of its actions are due to metabolism to active metabolites (6-acetylmorphine, morphine, and morphine-6-glucuronide).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library