This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A history reveals that a patient virtually stopped eating 5 months ago and lost 25 of body weight. ... (Read 63 times)

Alygatorr01285

A history reveals that a patient virtually stopped eating 5 months ago and lost 25 of body weight. The nurse says, Describe what you think about your present weight and how you look..

Which response would be most consistent with anorexia nervosa? a. I'm fat and ugly..
  b. What I think about myself is my business..
  c. I'm grossly underweight, but I cover it well..
  d. I'm a few pounds overweight, but I can live with it..

Question 2

Any action on the part of a caregiver to take advantage of an older person, undermine his emotional well-being, or appropriate property is called elder

1. abuse.
  2. neglect.
  3. respect.
  4. exploitation.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

parker125

Answer to Question 1

A
Untreated patients with anorexia nervosa do not recognize their thinness. They perceive themselves to be overweight and unattractive. The patient with anorexia will usually express distorted perceptions of the self and persist in trying to lose more weight even though underweight.

Answer to Question 2

Elder abuse is any action that takes advantage of an older person, undermines his emotional well-being, or appropriates his property.

Alygatorr01285

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Excellent

chjcharjto14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Cucumber slices relieve headaches by tightening blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the area, and relieving pressure.

Did you know?

The modern decimal position system was the invention of the Hindus (around 800 AD), involving the placing of numerals to indicate their value (units, tens, hundreds, and so on).

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

After a vasectomy, it takes about 12 ejaculations to clear out sperm that were already beyond the blocked area.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library