This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A history reveals that a patient virtually stopped eating 5 months ago and lost 25 of body weight. ... (Read 66 times)

Alygatorr01285

A history reveals that a patient virtually stopped eating 5 months ago and lost 25 of body weight. The nurse says, Describe what you think about your present weight and how you look..

Which response would be most consistent with anorexia nervosa? a. I'm fat and ugly..
  b. What I think about myself is my business..
  c. I'm grossly underweight, but I cover it well..
  d. I'm a few pounds overweight, but I can live with it..

Question 2

Any action on the part of a caregiver to take advantage of an older person, undermine his emotional well-being, or appropriate property is called elder

1. abuse.
  2. neglect.
  3. respect.
  4. exploitation.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

parker125

Answer to Question 1

A
Untreated patients with anorexia nervosa do not recognize their thinness. They perceive themselves to be overweight and unattractive. The patient with anorexia will usually express distorted perceptions of the self and persist in trying to lose more weight even though underweight.

Answer to Question 2

Elder abuse is any action that takes advantage of an older person, undermines his emotional well-being, or appropriates his property.

Alygatorr01285

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

kusterl

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Multiple sclerosis is a condition wherein the body's nervous system is weakened by an autoimmune reaction that attacks the myelin sheaths of neurons.

Did you know?

All adults should have their cholesterol levels checked once every 5 years. During 2009–2010, 69.4% of Americans age 20 and older reported having their cholesterol checked within the last five years.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

More than 150,000 Americans killed by cardiovascular disease are younger than the age of 65 years.

Did you know?

In inpatient settings, adverse drug events account for an estimated one in three of all hospital adverse events. They affect approximately 2 million hospital stays every year, and prolong hospital stays by between one and five days.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library