This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A history reveals that a patient virtually stopped eating 5 months ago and lost 25 of body weight. ... (Read 65 times)

Alygatorr01285

A history reveals that a patient virtually stopped eating 5 months ago and lost 25 of body weight. The nurse says, Describe what you think about your present weight and how you look..

Which response would be most consistent with anorexia nervosa? a. I'm fat and ugly..
  b. What I think about myself is my business..
  c. I'm grossly underweight, but I cover it well..
  d. I'm a few pounds overweight, but I can live with it..

Question 2

Any action on the part of a caregiver to take advantage of an older person, undermine his emotional well-being, or appropriate property is called elder

1. abuse.
  2. neglect.
  3. respect.
  4. exploitation.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

parker125

Answer to Question 1

A
Untreated patients with anorexia nervosa do not recognize their thinness. They perceive themselves to be overweight and unattractive. The patient with anorexia will usually express distorted perceptions of the self and persist in trying to lose more weight even though underweight.

Answer to Question 2

Elder abuse is any action that takes advantage of an older person, undermines his emotional well-being, or appropriates his property.

Alygatorr01285

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

nguyenhoanhat

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

If you use artificial sweeteners, such as cyclamates, your eyes may be more sensitive to light. Other factors that will make your eyes more sensitive to light include use of antibiotics, oral contraceptives, hypertension medications, diuretics, and antidiabetic medications.

Did you know?

Approximately 25% of all reported medication errors result from some kind of name confusion.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library