This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is teaching a patient about the purpose of his telemetry. Which statement indicates that ... (Read 19 times)

geodog55

The nurse is teaching a patient about the purpose of his telemetry. Which statement indicates that the nurse's teaching has been successful?

a. I will need to stay in bed when the mon-itor is reading my heart waves.
  b. This test will help determine if I have a blockage in my arteries.
  c. If there is a problem with my heart valves, it will show up with telemetry.
  d. The nurses will be able to monitor my heart rate and rhythm.

Question 2

The nurse is performing an assessment on the patient who is in bilateral Buck traction. Which finding indicates the need to reposition the patient?

a. The patient's heels are not touching the surface of the mattress.
  b. The elastic bandages need to be re-wrapped.
  c. The patient's feet are against the foot-board.
  d. The weights are hanging free.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amcvicar

Answer to Question 1

D
Telemetry provides monitoring of the heart's rate and rhythm with the use of electrodes and wire leads from a bedside monitor or battery-operated transmitter unit. Patients may ambulate on the unit and still be monitored. Blockage of arteries is usually diagnosed with an arteriogram, and valvular problems may be diagnosed with echocardiography.

Answer to Question 2

C
When the patient's feet are against the footboard, the traction is ineffective. The heels should be off the surface of the mattress to reduce the threat of pressure ulcer. The weights should be hanging free.

geodog55

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

T4T

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Children with strabismus (crossed eyes) can be treated. They are not able to outgrow this condition on their own, but with help, it can be more easily corrected at a younger age. It is important for infants to have eye examinations as early as possible in their development and then another at age 2 years.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

Did you know?

Multiple experimental evidences have confirmed that at the molecular level, cancer is caused by lesions in cellular DNA.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library