This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is teaching a patient about the purpose of his telemetry. Which statement indicates that ... (Read 20 times)

geodog55

The nurse is teaching a patient about the purpose of his telemetry. Which statement indicates that the nurse's teaching has been successful?

a. I will need to stay in bed when the mon-itor is reading my heart waves.
  b. This test will help determine if I have a blockage in my arteries.
  c. If there is a problem with my heart valves, it will show up with telemetry.
  d. The nurses will be able to monitor my heart rate and rhythm.

Question 2

The nurse is performing an assessment on the patient who is in bilateral Buck traction. Which finding indicates the need to reposition the patient?

a. The patient's heels are not touching the surface of the mattress.
  b. The elastic bandages need to be re-wrapped.
  c. The patient's feet are against the foot-board.
  d. The weights are hanging free.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

amcvicar

Answer to Question 1

D
Telemetry provides monitoring of the heart's rate and rhythm with the use of electrodes and wire leads from a bedside monitor or battery-operated transmitter unit. Patients may ambulate on the unit and still be monitored. Blockage of arteries is usually diagnosed with an arteriogram, and valvular problems may be diagnosed with echocardiography.

Answer to Question 2

C
When the patient's feet are against the footboard, the traction is ineffective. The heels should be off the surface of the mattress to reduce the threat of pressure ulcer. The weights should be hanging free.

geodog55

Reply 2 on: Jun 25, 2018
Excellent

tkempin

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Acetaminophen (Tylenol) in overdose can seriously damage the liver. It should never be taken by people who use alcohol heavily; it can result in severe liver damage and even a condition requiring a liver transplant.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has released reports detailing the deaths of infants (younger than 1 year of age) who died after being given cold and cough medications. This underscores the importance of educating parents that children younger than 2 years of age should never be given over-the-counter cold and cough medications without consulting their physicians.

Did you know?

Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due dates, 50% are born within 1 week of the due date, and 90% are born within 2 weeks of the date.

Did you know?

The Babylonians wrote numbers in a system that used 60 as the base value rather than the number 10. They did not have a symbol for "zero."

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library