Author Question: A pregnant patient would like to know a good food source of calcium other than dairy products. Your ... (Read 38 times)

notis

A pregnant patient would like to know a good food source of calcium other than dairy products. Your best answer is

a. Legumes
  b. Yellow vegetables
  c. Lean meat
  d. Whole grains

Question 2

At 32 weeks' gestation, a woman is scheduled for a second nonstress test (following the one she had at 28 weeks' gestation). Which response by the client would indicate an adequate understanding of this procedure?

1. I can't get up and walk around during the test.
  2. I'll have an IV started before the test.
  3. I must avoid drinks containing caffeine for 24 hours before the test.
  4. I need to have a full bladder for this test.

zoeyesther

Answer to Question 1

A
Feedback
A Although dairy products contain the greatest amount of calcium, it also is found in
legumes, nuts, dried fruits, and some dark green leafy vegetables.
B Yellow vegetables are rich in vitamin A.
C Lean meats are rich in protein and phosphorus.
D Whole grains are rich in zinc and magnesium.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale:
1. The purpose of the nonstress test is to determine the results of movement on fetal heart rate. The client will have to lie still on her side during the procedure.
2. There is no IV needed to administer medications.
3. Caffeine might cause the infant to be more active and cause the test to go quicker.
4. Clients usually are asked to have their bladders full only for ultrasounds.