This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The novice nurse manager is acting in the role of change agent for the unit. Which statement ... (Read 45 times)

CQXA

The novice nurse manager is acting in the role of change agent for the unit. Which statement indicates that this manager needs further training in regard to change?

1. I must not get so bogged down in details that I lose focus on the ultimate goal.
  2. As we go through this process, I think I need to be flexible but persistent.
  3. Those who are resistant will probably accept it sooner or later with my support.
  4. I think the implementation will go much better if I stay available the whole time.

Question 2

Which are considered ways of decreasing the image of power for nurses? Select all that apply.

1. Wearing a crisp, clean uniform
  2. Addressing others in endearing terms
  3. Using power plays to achieve goals
  4. Becoming aggressive in advocating for clients
  5. Accepting orders without question

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Ahernandez18

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: The ability to retain a big-picture focus while dealing with each part of the change is a desirable trait for a change agent.
Rationale 2: The change agent must have sufficient flexibility to modify ideas when this will improve the change, but enough persistence to resist nonproductive tampering with the planned change.
Rationale 3: It is likely that those who are resistant will adapt to the change if given enough time and support.
Rationale 4: Staying available the whole time is not realistic and will make it difficult for the change agent to maintain the energy it will take to make the change more successful.
Global Rationale:

Answer to Question 2

2, 3, 4, 5
Explanation: 1. All except wearing a crisp, white uniform are incorrect because they work against the
professional image of nursing. Without acting like the professionals those in nursing are, there
will be no power image. Assertive behavior, being respectful when addressing a client or
colleague, and critically thinking about each order are appropriate behaviors for nursing
professionals.

CQXA

Reply 2 on: Jul 8, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Bigfoot1984

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Fungal nail infections account for up to 30% of all skin infections. They affect 5% of the general population—mostly people over the age of 70.

Did you know?

Anesthesia awareness is a potentially disturbing adverse effect wherein patients who have been paralyzed with muscle relaxants may awaken. They may be aware of their surroundings but unable to communicate or move. Neurologic monitoring equipment that helps to more closely check the patient's anesthesia stages is now available to avoid the occurrence of anesthesia awareness.

Did you know?

There can actually be a 25-hour time difference between certain locations in the world. The International Date Line passes between the islands of Samoa and American Samoa. It is not a straight line, but "zig-zags" around various island chains. Therefore, Samoa and nearby islands have one date, while American Samoa and nearby islands are one day behind. Daylight saving time is used in some islands, but not in others—further shifting the hours out of sync with natural time.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

The horizontal fraction bar was introduced by the Arabs.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library