This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse assesses a 40-year-old man for a complaint of sleep problems. Which of the statements made ... (Read 9 times)

torybrooks

A nurse assesses a 40-year-old man for a complaint of sleep problems. Which of the statements made by the client would be most indicative of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)?

1. I think I am seeing things when I wake up.
  2. My wife says I snore and even stop breathing.
  3. I go to sleep okay but then wake up several times at night.
  4. My wife says I sit straight up in bed at 2 a.m. and then say strange things.

Question 2

When the family of a child diagnosed with a nightmare disorder asks the nurse about prognosis, the nurse replies with the knowledge that:

1. The disorder is frequently self-limiting in children
  2. With the use of antipsychotic medication, the disorder will not progress
  3. High doses of diazepam (Valium) are needed to cure the disorder
  4. If the child is obese, it is likely the nightmares will continue indefinitely

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

at

Answer to Question 1

ANS: 2
A person with obstructive sleep apnea displays symptoms related to a narrowing of the upper airway, so option 2 is correct. Option 1 describes hypnagogic hallucinations, and option 3 de-scribes a type of insomnia. Option 4 might describe dreaming behavior.

Answer to Question 2

ANS: 1
Nightmare disorder is often managed with psychotherapy and desensitization, so options 2 and 3 are incorrect. Obesity has not been connected to nightmare disorder, so option 4 is incorrect.

torybrooks

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
:D TYSM

yeungji

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Historic treatments for rheumatoid arthritis have included gold salts, acupuncture, a diet consisting of apples or rhubarb, nutmeg, nettles, bee venom, bracelets made of copper, prayer, rest, tooth extractions, fasting, honey, vitamins, insulin, snow collected on Christmas, magnets, and electric convulsion therapy.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

The training of an anesthesiologist typically requires four years of college, 4 years of medical school, 1 year of internship, and 3 years of residency.

Did you know?

Russia has the highest death rate from cardiovascular disease followed by the Ukraine, Romania, Hungary, and Poland.

Did you know?

Between 1999 and 2012, American adults with high total cholesterol decreased from 18.3% to 12.9%

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library