This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells the nurse that since taking a medication he has suffered from excessively dry mouth. ... (Read 28 times)

jessicacav

A patient tells the nurse that since taking a medication he has suffered from excessively dry mouth. Which of the following assessments would be needed to plan interventions for that symptom?

a. Asking the patient whether foods taste different now
  b. Checking the patient's sense of smell
  c. Having the patient stand to check for balance
  d. Assessing for a history of seizures

Question 2

The patient at the clinic says to the nurse, My doctor checked my eyes and told me my vision was 20 over 100 20/100. What does that mean? What is the best response by the nurse?

a. This means that your eye pressure readings are quite high and may be indicative of glaucoma.
  b. These are numbers associated with left and right eye readings for identifying macular degeneration.
  c. This could be nearsightedness. Your vision for seeing objects up close is better than your vision for seeing things in the distance.
  d. This could be that you are farsighted. Your vision for seeing objects in the distance is better than it is for seeing objects up close.