This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient tells the nurse that since taking a medication he has suffered from excessively dry mouth. ... (Read 29 times)

jessicacav

A patient tells the nurse that since taking a medication he has suffered from excessively dry mouth. Which of the following assessments would be needed to plan interventions for that symptom?

a. Asking the patient whether foods taste different now
  b. Checking the patient's sense of smell
  c. Having the patient stand to check for balance
  d. Assessing for a history of seizures

Question 2

The patient at the clinic says to the nurse, My doctor checked my eyes and told me my vision was 20 over 100 20/100. What does that mean? What is the best response by the nurse?

a. This means that your eye pressure readings are quite high and may be indicative of glaucoma.
  b. These are numbers associated with left and right eye readings for identifying macular degeneration.
  c. This could be nearsightedness. Your vision for seeing objects up close is better than your vision for seeing things in the distance.
  d. This could be that you are farsighted. Your vision for seeing objects in the distance is better than it is for seeing objects up close.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

elizabethrperez

Answer to Question 1

ANS: A

Answer to Question 2

ANS: C

jessicacav

Reply 2 on: Jul 22, 2018
Excellent

nothere

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

The word drug comes from the Dutch word droog (meaning "dry"). For centuries, most drugs came from dried plants, hence the name.

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library