This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is planning a discussion of emergency preparedness with newly hired nurses. Which events ... (Read 35 times)

sc00by25

A nurse is planning a discussion of emergency preparedness with newly hired nurses. Which events would this nurse use as historical examples of terrorism? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. The death of a patient in a Dallas, Texas, hospital was confirmed to be due to the Ebola virus.
  2. Many people died as a result of sarin gas exposure in a Tokyo subway.
  3. Twenty-two confirmed or suspected cases of anthrax infection occurred as a result of the bacillus being sent through U.S. mail.
  4. There is typically a marked increase in overdoses during winter holidays.
  5. More people are contracting H1N1 avian influenza.

Question 2

The patient is receiving spironolactone (Aldactone). The nurse has completed dietary education and evaluates that the patient needs additional education when the patient makes which statement?

1. I am really happy that I can have my cranberry juice.
  2. Thank goodness I can still have my orange juice and bananas for breakfast.
  3. I need an apple a day to stay regular; I'm glad I can still have this.
  4. I am German, so I could not give up my cabbage and mushrooms.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aburgess

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: The patient had been exposed to Ebola while traveling overseas. No bioterrorism was suspected.
Rationale 2: The release of sarin gas was determined to be intentional and was called an act of terrorism.
Rationale 3: The exposure of persons to anthrax via contaminated mail was determined to be an act of domestic terrorism.
Rationale 4: The increase in overdoses is typically due to holiday strain put on persons with fragile mental health.
Rationale 5: As far as is known, H1N1 avian influenza's crossover to humans is related to natural mutations.

Global Rationale: The release of sarin gas was determined to be intentional and was called an act of terrorism. The exposure of persons to anthrax via contaminated mail was determined to be an act of domestic terrorism. The patient had been exposed to Ebola while traveling overseas. No bioterrorism was suspected. The increase in overdoses is typically due to holiday strain put on persons with fragile mental health. As far as is known, H1N1 avian influenza's crossover to humans is related to natural mutations.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Cranberries are low in potassium and are not contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic.
Rationale 2: Orange juice and bananas are high in potassium and are contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic.
Rationale 3: Apples are low in potassium and are not contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic.
Rationale 4: Cabbage and mushrooms are low in potassium and are not contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic.
Global Rationale: Orange juice and bananas are high in potassium and are contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic. Cranberries are low in potassium and are not contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic. Cabbage and mushrooms are low in potassium and are not contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic. Apples are low in potassium and are not contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic.

sc00by25

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
Excellent

raili21

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

On average, someone in the United States has a stroke about every 40 seconds. This is about 795,000 people per year.

Did you know?

Elderly adults are living longer, and causes of death are shifting. At the same time, autopsy rates are at or near their lowest in history.

Did you know?

Women are two-thirds more likely than men to develop irritable bowel syndrome. This may be attributable to hormonal changes related to their menstrual cycles.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

Many people have small pouches in their colons that bulge outward through weak spots. Each pouch is called a diverticulum. About 10% of Americans older than age 40 years have diverticulosis, which, when the pouches become infected or inflamed, is called diverticulitis. The main cause of diverticular disease is a low-fiber diet.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library