This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse is planning a discussion of emergency preparedness with newly hired nurses. Which events ... (Read 37 times)

sc00by25

A nurse is planning a discussion of emergency preparedness with newly hired nurses. Which events would this nurse use as historical examples of terrorism? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Standard Text: Select all that apply.

1. The death of a patient in a Dallas, Texas, hospital was confirmed to be due to the Ebola virus.
  2. Many people died as a result of sarin gas exposure in a Tokyo subway.
  3. Twenty-two confirmed or suspected cases of anthrax infection occurred as a result of the bacillus being sent through U.S. mail.
  4. There is typically a marked increase in overdoses during winter holidays.
  5. More people are contracting H1N1 avian influenza.

Question 2

The patient is receiving spironolactone (Aldactone). The nurse has completed dietary education and evaluates that the patient needs additional education when the patient makes which statement?

1. I am really happy that I can have my cranberry juice.
  2. Thank goodness I can still have my orange juice and bananas for breakfast.
  3. I need an apple a day to stay regular; I'm glad I can still have this.
  4. I am German, so I could not give up my cabbage and mushrooms.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

aburgess

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: The patient had been exposed to Ebola while traveling overseas. No bioterrorism was suspected.
Rationale 2: The release of sarin gas was determined to be intentional and was called an act of terrorism.
Rationale 3: The exposure of persons to anthrax via contaminated mail was determined to be an act of domestic terrorism.
Rationale 4: The increase in overdoses is typically due to holiday strain put on persons with fragile mental health.
Rationale 5: As far as is known, H1N1 avian influenza's crossover to humans is related to natural mutations.

Global Rationale: The release of sarin gas was determined to be intentional and was called an act of terrorism. The exposure of persons to anthrax via contaminated mail was determined to be an act of domestic terrorism. The patient had been exposed to Ebola while traveling overseas. No bioterrorism was suspected. The increase in overdoses is typically due to holiday strain put on persons with fragile mental health. As far as is known, H1N1 avian influenza's crossover to humans is related to natural mutations.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Cranberries are low in potassium and are not contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic.
Rationale 2: Orange juice and bananas are high in potassium and are contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic.
Rationale 3: Apples are low in potassium and are not contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic.
Rationale 4: Cabbage and mushrooms are low in potassium and are not contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic.
Global Rationale: Orange juice and bananas are high in potassium and are contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic. Cranberries are low in potassium and are not contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic. Cabbage and mushrooms are low in potassium and are not contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic. Apples are low in potassium and are not contraindicated with a potassium-sparing diuretic.

sc00by25

Reply 2 on: Jul 23, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

recede

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Dogs have been used in studies to detect various cancers in human subjects. They have been trained to sniff breath samples from humans that were collected by having them breathe into special tubes. These people included 55 lung cancer patients, 31 breast cancer patients, and 83 cancer-free patients. The dogs detected 54 of the 55 lung cancer patients as having cancer, detected 28 of the 31 breast cancer patients, and gave only three false-positive results (detecting cancer in people who didn't have it).

Did you know?

Women are 50% to 75% more likely than men to experience an adverse drug reaction.

Did you know?

The human body produces and destroys 15 million blood cells every second.

Did you know?

The heart is located in the center of the chest, with part of it tipped slightly so that it taps against the left side of the chest.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library