This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which of the following statements made by a client would indicate that she has delusions of ... (Read 36 times)

kaid0807

Which of the following statements made by a client would indicate that she has delusions of grandeur?

A) I am a magician, and my magic powers are good when the moon is full.
  B) I let my baby die. I don't deserve to live.
  C) I hear messages from aliens that tell me to steal cars.
  D) I can't eat this food. It's poisoned.

Question 2

The nurse observes a female client rubbing the chest of her asthmatic daughter with a coin. Which of the following reflects a culturally sensitive, or transcultural, response to this client?

A) Stop You're hurting your child
  B) What is it that you are doing right now?
  C) I'll have to inform the doctor that you are not following instructions.
  D) You are making your daughter cry.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mcabuhat

Answer to Question 1

Ans: A
The correct answer is the only statement that reflects that the client believes she has powers, abilities, or characteristics that go beyond those of normal individuals (delusions of grandeur).

Answer to Question 2

Ans: B
The correct answer reflects that the nurse is attempting to ask a question that will help her to understand the client's behaviors, which would be a culturally sensitive approach. The other answers demonstrate nonacceptance or a negative attitude from the nurse.

kaid0807

Reply 2 on: Jul 19, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

aliotak

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Your chance of developing a kidney stone is 1 in 10. In recent years, approximately 3.7 million people in the United States were diagnosed with a kidney disease.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

Blood is approximately twice as thick as water because of the cells and other components found in it.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library